Tuesday, December 05, 2006

singing and talking on the phone

This weekend E started "talking" when she holds the phone to her ear. You can tell it's not the normal jabber because the volume goes up (just like I do when I talk on the phone!) and she says "heh-dah" (hello) and kind of a certain "yah-yah-yah-yah". She'll even walk down the hall while she talks. She already knew that you point the remote control at the tv, but decided that it also makes a good telephone. And she'll even just put her hand over her ear and talk. She did that last night when she was in her crib winding down for bed and the phone rang. David said she looked up, put her hand over her ear, said her yah-yahs, and then went back to what she was doing.

I had been singing "the eensy-weensy spider" to her, just a few times, with the hand motions, and on Saturday after I sang it once she copied me by just sort of generally fluttering her hands and making variations of "yah" sounds in a loud continuous voice. I had also sung "twinkle twinkle little star" to her a couple of times since and she was very attentive. In the car coming home last night I sang it and she imitated, this time pitching her voice very high and having more inflection in the "ah" sounds. All y'all good singers out there need to help her with this. I will only be able to teach her "creative" habits, like mixing keys and changing notes every time you sing the same song!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home