Monday, March 26, 2007

weekend break

Boy, it has really changed my blogging habits that I now can't do it around E. (Well, I could, but there would be tears and frustration.) I didn't mean to take a break for the whole weekend, but I guess I did. Whenever she naps, I usually want to nap too. And it's hard for her dad to distract her when I'm around - she wants to be near me. I guess he's going to have to start taking her off the premises. Last night I went out by myself, to a friend's house, and she cried. She stood on the sidewalk with Daddy and wailed heartbrokenly as I drove off. But he said she was happily playing with sticks and gravel moments later. The reason I'm up right now is that E woke up at 3:00. I listened to her whine and whimper for 30 minutes before I gave in. Ten minutes later she was back in her crib - wailing loudly - but as soon as I shut the door to her room, she stopped. Not another peep. I could have just gone right back to sleep, but of course my mind seized the opportunity to fret over a weird telemarketing call I got at work last week. Don't usually get those at work. And the guy had my name, address, and the last 4 digits of my bank account -- plus my work number. I contacted the bank and they said they would keep an ear out for any similar calls/reports. My account has no suspicious activity, but that's what I felt compelled to get up and check just now. I had forgotten to do it all weekend! I guess it wasn't enough of a worry to interrupt my daily life, just my sleep. Great.

Anyway, I'm wide awake now and will try to make the most of it. Photos coming next!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home