Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Got a little extra sleep this morning so I only have a minute but I wanted to say Hi.

E has become a somewhat picky eater. How did she get the idea that things with peelings are not meant to be eaten??? I'm dumbfounded. (not.) It's testing my creativity to find versions of vegetables that she will eat. She's not quite old enough to get some of the games you can play, or to be impressed with a smiley-face made out of carrots. But she does get interested in small, cute foods. I bought some figs and some pickling cucumbers the other day, and she enjoyed carrying those around for a few seconds, but as soon as her tongue touched the skin of them she handed them back to me, shook her head, and said, "No."

"Involve your toddler in food preparation" is another one of the tips. E is sort of interested to watch, but it doesn't make her want to eat it. Or "Show how much you enjoy eating vegetables". But that just makes her want to feed me! I'm not too worried yet, I know it could be worse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home