Friday, May 13, 2011

E's first meal

Spread a slice of bread with ketchup, sprinkle with grated cheese and chopped-up hot dog, heat it up, you have a mini-pizza! I made one of these for E one time last week, and mentioned that I used to make them when I was a kid, that I had a recipe for them. It was either found in the Mini-Page (kids section in the newspaper) or in my Girl Scouts cookbook. So she promised that next time she would make mini-pizza for me. Tonight she tried to fool me that she was making something else (a layer cake) and I played my part so well that she had to ask me if I really thought it was a layer cake.

I grated the cheese but she chopped the hot dog with a table knife. She wanted to use the microwave instead of the toaster oven and thankfully she asked me which buttons to push before doing it. So the bread was a little tough, the hot dog lukewarm, but we sat there exclaiming to each other how yummy it was. "Do you like my cooking, Mommy?" she asked, several times.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home