Sunday, March 19, 2006

cereal and boredom


Tonight E had her first taste of rice cereal. It took a few tastes before it hit her: "I like this!!" Then she was reaching with both arms for David's hand each time he refilled the spoon. Soon, just as suddenly, she was making "yuck" faces and had had enough.


Earlier today I was reporting to Emma's grandma and grandpa that I think this weekend she learned the concept of boredom. Usually she has entertained herself fairly well, but this weekend she was more on edge and harder to please. I think it's from the shots on Thursday. I could tell her problem wasn't a physical complaint because she would stop screaming as soon as you shook a toy in her face, stood up and walked around with her, or stood her up on your lap. She gets the cutest delighted smile when she feels herself putting weight on her legs. She's also started wanting to do that in the bath but I don't oblige.

She went to bed 40 minutes ago, and it's my turn soon. First I have to finish some work that is due tomorrow. Did you see our daughter's typing earlier? She really enjoyed it. She was trying to pick up the keys in handfuls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home