Wednesday, April 19, 2006

creeping nostalgia


E has been sleeping in her crib and doing fine, so when we came back from our trip to the mountains, David put the portable bassinet up in the attic. (There's not a lot of space in our house - many things go up in the attic.) But when he told me that he did that, I felt a pang of sadness that surprised me. Our baby's only 5 months old but I'm already nostalgic about her earlier ages!

Here she is in the bassinet, which was her first bed at home. I think she was about 1 month old in this first photo. She outgrew that top a while ago! In the bassinet she enjoyed staring at the fabric around the sides there. It depicts children playing outside and on a swing among lots of trees. I remember her "talking" to them and also learning Spanish by reading the large glaring Warnings printed inside one end.

This next photo is a poignant one for me. This was taken Feb 8th, on my first morning back to work. This is how I left her. She was 3 months old.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home