Wednesday, April 12, 2006

today's lessons: effectively working at home

The part that's harder about working at home is all the housework staring you in the face. I'm never more in the mood for chores than when I have CCL work to do from home.

It would be a good investment of time to tidy up a bit the night before. It also helps to gather everything you'll need into one spot. If you're really on the ball you'll have cleared a space at the so-called dining table where you can sit and work!

I've been working one day a week at home for a couple of months. Some days are better than others, of course. There is a limit to multi-tasking -- did anyone else realize this??? :) Emma has been great about sleeping a lot and entertaining herself until 5 pm, and when David is home he helps entertain her. Beginning in May I will go part-time and have Fridays off, so I won't be trying to work at home as much -- when I'm home I'll really BE home, if you know what I mean.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home