Tuesday, June 20, 2006

light sleeper

E has become a fairly light sleeper, so I don't go in her room to look at her as much as I used to. :( But I've heard her this morning so I know she's alive. This morning when the alarm rang it rescued me from bad horror-movie dreams about children killing and being killed. The only actual scene I remember now is one where a mother shot her three children as a test - if they lived through it, they were truly good. Only one baby fooled her by surviving the attack but being evil - I could see it in her eyes. The good baby who survived wouldn't go to the mother anymore, he preferred me (smart kid). The third child, a toddler, simply died. One good thing about such dreams is they make it seem like a wonderful blessing to get up and get out of bed!

We had a good weekend. David's first Fathers' Day involved a trip to see my parents and have them babysit while we went to a matinee of the movie Cars. Enjoyed it very much, despite having to try to tune out the children next to us who were obviously not ready for movies ("it's dark in here" "I want to go home" "I want some M&M's"). The first skill Emma will need before I take her to a real movie is to be able to whisper! We had dinner after with my folks and my sister's family. Then when we got back home David went out to see another movie with a friend.

Last night David's parents were in town and took us out to eat. E grabbed everything she could reach from her high chair and stared for a long time at a man eating a burger by himself in the corner booth. A hyper little girl (about 6) came bouncing over to us and before I could blink she had kissed Emma on the cheek, picked up one of her toys and commented on it, and **zap!** she was gone.

Grandma Mickey noticed last night that the second tooth has broken through. E was fussy yesterday morning but it didn't occur to me that that might be what was happening. We also noticed that she's started leaving red marks on the base of her thumb, where her teeth scrape when she sucks it.

Well, I've been taking my time here and I should get a move on. The sweetie pie woke up twice last night so she's having a lie-in. Maybe I can sneak in a shower before she wakes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home