Sunday, June 04, 2006

what to do today







Remember what I said about "plans"? I'm still learning. An awful migraine hit me Friday night, with so much nausea that I couldn't keep down the prescription painkiller I have for occasional migraines. It reminded me of my own special brand of hangovers that I used to get, back in the old days. There's something about my stomach, that throwing up once or twice isn't good enough. It insists on repeating the process every 20-60 minutes for about 12 hours, just to make sure! Luckily most of this happened while Emma was sound asleep overnight (I've never been SO grateful for a good sleeper!). She tested me when she woke up, with three poopy diapers, and I scored about 66% on that test.... The whole day Saturday I felt wiped out, as sleepy as I used to be back in November and December when I was sleeping about 1 out of every 3 hours. David has gone to Fayetteville to work for a week, so I was on my own, but we coped. Did a lot of lying on the floor. Fell asleep every time I nursed her, with my head falling forward. One time I woke up to her gleefully pulling my hair. I had intended to do a bunch of sorely-needed housework yesterday, but oh well.

Today I feel great! A new lease on life. Emma is just waking up from a 40 minute nap, during which I've typed here, scanned in some pictures, put some things away, worked on the laundry. Still so much more to do, so I'm going to leave you now. Here are some more trying to crawl pictures from the week before Memorial Day.

2 Comments:

At 7:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you are feeling better! E. surely looks like she could crawl away most any time!

Lynn may have to wait a bit for my blog! I'm busy, busy helping Ken dismantle hos Granny Annie's household. We've moved a good bit to our house to sort through at a later time. I told Ken I hoped nothing happened to us this week, or our daughters would have their worst nightmare dealing with all the stuff in boxes scattered around inside our home!

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger sarah said...

Actually, our worst nightmare would be "something happening" to you! (not dealing with stuff in boxes)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home