Monday, July 17, 2006

what we've been doing

Wow, I just realized it's been a week since I last posted anything, and the post I left up there is not the one I'd really choose for you dear readers to re-read each day as you wait breathlessly for new pictures and Emma News. Moodiness and melancholy are often mixed in with elation and satisfaction, so please don't worry if I write about that now and then. Right now I'm in a great mood. I have a day off after a busy and exciting weekend, and that was a good plan! I am going into the office for a friend's baby shower this afternoon, but it's been a very nice slow morning for us all.

Emma is behind me in the high chair, being bribed with Cheerios for a few minutes while I type. She isn't hungry enough for the baby food I offered, but the finger foods are more for play. Her sleep schedule got way off this weekend as we visited family, but she enjoyed it all. On Friday we spent the night with our good friends Aunt Lynn and Aunt Debbie. The drive took just over 5 hours, with stops. E napped for the first 2 or 3 hours and that was perfect, but she got antsy toward the end. She ate a good dinner of baby food plus asparagus and baked potato off my plate, and stayed up til almost 10 pm (her normal bedtime is about 7:30).

More later - I'd better tend to her now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home