Sunday, June 25, 2006

childproofing

This weekend was supposed to be for some intensive child-proofing of the house, but other things keep interfering with my intentions (like going to a movie, meeting a friend, watching "24", eating, sleeping, laundry, and simple procrastination!). Just now I was trying to clear off the "dining" table, so that some of the things we used to keep on the floor could be put there. Things to file/save and mail to process (mostly bills and donation requests) are the biggest clutterers. I also don't have a place for photographs, which of course are now taking over the house!

Emma's play area (i.e. the middle of the living room floor) is safe, for now. She's trying to pull up on everything and she's starting to look up for things to grab. Her new toy box blocks her in. I turn it on its side. She crawls into it and clambers among the toys, banging and gnawing. The main area of the kitchen will be safe once I find a new higher place for the cats' dining station. And Emma's room is in okay shape, just need to keep her little fingers away from the base of the glider rocker. And I feel like I need to vacuum every hour!

1 Comments:

At 11:24 PM, Blogger Marie said...

Hey - I understand how it is - you have a million & one things on the list, but somehow it's a mircle if 2 things get done!
Our trip has been good - crazy family is good family I suppose! Everyone is always yelling over eachother, Victor even takes part! WOW! She's standing - Victor just learned that on Father's Day! WOW! She's a mover & a shaker! Top teeth are trying to make their grand entrance! We're borrowing internet - so I won't get to post or check for the rest of the week. All the best!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home