Friday, August 25, 2006

9 month checkup

I haven't counted the weeks, but I reckon around now comes the point when E has spent more of her life outside the womb than she did inside. I suppose it's time for me to stop thinking of her as part of me. (not that I do that all the time, but it does happen)

David has gone to Fayetteville to paint the set for Thoroughly Modern Millie, will be there til after Labor Day. At E's checkup this morning she had 2 shots (the 3rd hepatitis, the 4th polio, in their series). She weighs 18 pounds 8 ounces and is 28 and a half inches tall. Average all around, though a little taller than average (75th percentile). She didn't realize what she was in for (she was curious, alert, intrigued...) until the stethoscope touched her back. Then she became tearful and nervous. She recovered quickly after the shots, and I headed home to give her peace and quiet and a long nap -- but she wanted none of that! So eventually I took her back out to go shopping at a consignment sale.0

I'm feeling cranky now. I dozed off and on during the last hour while E fretted and dozed in her crib. About the time she fell truly asleep my insolent bladder insisted that I get up. I don't know what to do with myself and am too irritated to go back to sleep. Tea and a tomato sandwich are helping, slowly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home