Monday, August 07, 2006

happy pills

Health update: E is better in some ways, but she looks worse (from last week's cold). She has gunk in her eyes. I don't know if I look better or worse, but I felt worse yesterday as a sinus infection set in. I wanted to take a pain pill that I had left from my c-section recovery, but unfortunately I had tried extra strength acetaminophen first and had to wait 5 hours or so for it to clear my system. By then the headache was better, so I waited til bedtime and took a "happy pill" then (oxycodone). Wow, did it work! I slept well, I didn't hurt, and even though I woke up for no reason during the night I was very happy. I read a magazine and counted my blessings! I mentally reviewed all the chores David had done that day that I might have done otherwise, and felt taken care of. It was great to feel so relaxed and at peace. I can see why people get addicted to stuff like this. E slept relatively well too, compared to the last two nights. I kept waking up asking myself "Is it right that she should still be sleeping?" "Yes, Sarah, this is a good thing."

She's in the crib right now, seeming to be okay playing by herself. She isn't fully awake. She's playing with a toy that plays sickly electronic lullabies - maybe I should change the batteries. Either she's standing on the button, or she knows how to turn it on.

For the record, I am not chronicling my cold symptoms here in a plea for sympathy or any kind of complaint against cold carriers! I'm actually kind of fascinated by the science aspects of it all. I read somewhere that each cold virus is different and once you have it and form antibodies, you never catch that same cold again. That encourages me.

Okay, enough daily minutiae (is that how you spell that?). I also added captions to the previous posts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home