Thursday, January 25, 2007

catching up

Trying to catch up. The kitchen is still a disaster area. I went in to work late today because my cold was driving me crazy: the itchy watery eyes and seeping nose. I can't take antihistamines because I'm still nursing some. So the only thing to do for a cold is eat well, drink lots of water, and sleep as much as possible. At home I just walk around with tissue stuffed in my nostrils. E went back to sleep at 7:30 so I did too. But before I could fully drift off, she woke up. She stayed in her crib, talking and playing for almost 2 hours I think, while I kept thinking "just a little bit longer...". When she started to whine I got up. I never really slept but the rest did me good. I decided I would actually feel even more rested at work! Staying home with Emma meant getting up and down a lot, feeding and changing diapers, etc. At work I had an all day "innovation" meeting going on, where I could sit in a chair, drink coffee, and just THINK. That was much more enticing. So I got us out of the house and took Emma to see Miss Erma.

And my cold did get better somewhere in there. I feel pretty good tonight. I've been thinking of things to post on this blog all week, and now I don't remember them. David called while ago and talked on the phone to Emma. She didn't exactly talk back but it was clear she knew who it was and was listening. She kept handing the phone to me and watching me talk. Here's a dramatized excerpt of their conversation:

"Hello."
... (grin)
"Hello. What are you doing?"
... (stares at the phone, begins to push buttons)
"Uh-oh."
... (smiles, walks off with the phone)
"Uh-oh," he persists.
"Uh-oh," she answers.
"Uh-oh," he repeats.
"Uh-oh," she confirms.
"Hello. What are you doing?"
"Da da" (Mommy exclaims, "Yes, it's Daddy!")
"Da da?"
"Uh-oh," she replies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home