Monday, March 26, 2007

like mother like daughter

This morning E and I were brushing our teeth together in the bathroom. Then I put on some earrings. E reached over to the tray where I leave many of my earrings and picked out the dangly green ones for herself - they weren't together, so she picked them out separately, knew they matched. She stuffed one of them into her ear so that it hung there for a second, and then tried to mash the other one onto the other ear. It fell instantly to the floor, but by then she was on to something else -- no matter.

It's a small thing, but such deliberate copying is new. In the past she would see me put the earring in my ear and then try to grab it. Or she'd try to play with the ones on the tray. That reminds me too, this weekend she actually managed to walk a few steps in my shoes. They're about as long as her whole leg!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home