Monday, April 16, 2007

migraine day

My hormonal migraine hit one day off of prediction. This time the headache was not as bad but the nausea was worse. I saw the doctor about this on Friday and there are several things I can try. I'm going to try taking magnesium supplements daily and a very low-dose estrogen patch for the few days before my period - the migraines are caused by a drop in estrogen. Other options, in case you're wondering, include a migraine drug taken 24 hours before you expect the headache, and various types of birth control.

Luckily David was able to handle everything today, even getting up at 6 am to feed Emma breakfast. She lay in bed with me a little bit and I thought that was going to be sweet and nice, but then she started slapping my face while she sucked her thumb! And all the rolling over with elbows digging in my stomach didn't help the nausea.

They went to the park in the afternoon, and by the time they got back, about 4 pm, I had tentatively surfaced and made it to the kitchen for some saltines and fresh water.

First things first, find some good carrying sticks.

Yay, I got great sticks, but Daddy wouldn't let me go on the slide with them; so I just posed.

On the old-fashioned merry-go-round. Our park may be the last to have these metal "hazards" but I kind of like them.

oopsie! (David did go help her, after he took the picture!)

First scraped knee. She seemed to have forgotten about it, so I decided not to interfere with a band-aid.

1 Comments:

At 8:44 PM, Blogger Marie said...

Oh!!! Poor thing! :) I'm glad she had a good time -- I hope you are feeling better! In that last picture she is looking so grown up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home