Sunday, April 01, 2007

updates

(despite what it says at bottom, this post was written in the afternoon and evening)

E is calling "Daddy" to get his attention now. It sounds like Dah-ee or even Diiii (long i). And she'll say the sound "Mom" but the two or so times I've thought she was calling me were so isolated that I'm not sure. But I guess she really never needs to call me. I'm always there, anticipating, noticing.

She eats pretty well with a spoon and gets the idea of the fork, but when she gets tired, her hands go in the bowl. She loves to hold the bowl and the spoon, and to tip the bowl up and try to drink from it. Her tastes are changing some. No more pasta please, but the more bagels the better -- dry is just fine thank you.

Because I've had a cold, she knows what tissues are for now and will pretend to blow her nose. She even took a tissue over to one of her stuffed animals and let him blow his nose. I can sometimes get her to put in her own saline drops, and insert the aspirator in her nose for me. But then she insists that she do it to me too (ick).

She likes to try on shoes - anyone's. This picture is with Grandpa Bud's shoes.

She wants to go outside all the time, and climb on everything. Today she learned to grab my finger and lead me around like an overgrown puppy. I felt like Clifford the big red dog.

Inside, the thing she wants to do the most is play on my computer. It's getting dangerous. I keep coming over and seeing the Control Panel open, or some confirmation box for a downloaded something or other. This afternoon I held her attention for a few minutes here at the computer by playing videos from "Catster" (it's like MySpace for cats - www.catster.com ).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home