Monday, October 15, 2007

In Memoriam


My good friend Sue from London passed away on October 12th. She had breast cancer. We met 15 years ago - we both started temp jobs on the same day in November 1992, at British Gas headquarters in London. I remember that she wrote to-do lists on the back of her hand, something I had occasionally done. I decided it was okay to do since someone glamorous like her also did it. Sue was an actress, a writer, a cat lover, a horsewoman, and a world traveler. Trips we took together: Cyprus, Le Touquet in France, Hastings in England, the Outer Banks in North Carolina, Dublin in Ireland, Bruges and Brussels in Belgium. We shared a profound love of food. This picture was just in August when I last saw her, for a weekend trip between rounds of chemotherapy and radiation. We had an awful time meeting my train, and she waited with me until time to go meet her own train. She was absolutely exhausted, but determined to live life to the fullest possible extent. Sue was only 5 years older than me. She has friends all over the world.

1 Comments:

At 8:44 AM, Blogger Marie said...

I'm sorry to hear about Sue - that is really sad without a doubt. I'm glad you had a chance to visit w/her in August. Big hugs!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home