Tuesday, November 20, 2007

birthday part 2, air show day 2

We got to the air show around lunchtime on the Saturday. Met up with David's friend and his family. The little girl, "B", who's 3 years old, was very excited that it was E's birthday and gave her a present -- E's first My Little Pony. E was sleepy and not sure what to make of B's enthusiasm, but she wasn't as defensive as usual and let B hold her hand as we walked from the cars into the show. David and Craig took lots of pictures and I'm sure they were glad to have each other to talk to about the planes.


B is more into airplanes than E is.

Because I hated the noise of the Blue Angels jets on Friday (I know, I'm a wooss, however you spell that!), on Saturday I escaped with E to the adjacent aviation museum when it was time for them to start. We ate lunch in the cafe at 2:00. I had brought a peanut butter sandwich for her to eat when we first got there, but she refused it. She ate a buttery grilled-cheese instead. Before that she pressed on her stomach and said "hurts" -- first clues of what was to come. I wondered if it was just hunger.

Then she played in the children's area of the museum, staking her claims on all the toys.

An assertive preschooler overcomes E's territorial concerns and teaches her how to doodle. E is not fighting her for the pen here; she's allowing the girl to guide her hand.

The girl also happens to be a qualified flight training supervisor.

B and her mother joined us after a while and played while we waited for the daddies. More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home