Thursday, September 25, 2008

don't laugh

...and don't make a big deal of this to E... but tonight she, on her own initiative, tried garden peas. I could hardly believe it. Remember my post about needing to learn to cook? Well, I'm taking baby steps. Don't laugh, but tonight I made ramen noodles with chicken broth and leftover chicken noodle soup (and threw away the packet of seasoning powder that comes with the noodles) and "poached" two eggs in it. After helping E's plate, I added a can of garden peas for me. Well, E ate hers (with grated cheese on top: "cut it up in the saw-er" she said) and still wanted more so I fished out some noodles and there were a couple of garden peas stuck in there. I expected a protest but got none. She picked one up and ate it. Said "Mmm! Yummy!" Ate the next one. Then when that helping was gone I told her there was only peas and soup left and she said, "I want peas and soup!" Then she asked if Grandpa made these peas, and wanted to call him and tell him she was eating "this kind of green bean". She used to eat peas, probably over a year ago, then she stopped. Maybe she'll never eat them again, who knows, but it gave me hope! David's dad calls them "smart pills" - how they used to try to get the kids to eat them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home