Tuesday, October 21, 2008

costume family

On Saturday our children's museum had a costume party called the Make Believe Ball. David was recruited to wear "#9" and sign autographs for the kids in the "outer space" area. E has been so into Wizard of Eyes that I steered her into dressing up as Dorothy and made myself into Scarecrow. She wanted me to be Tin Man, but I said no, Daddy's the Tin Man!

This is us during a break backstage. David took the head of the robot off.


E would NOT wear the blue gingham apron that I wanted to fashion into a dress for her. She cried and ran away, several times, as if it was coated in acid. And she really wanted "the pink kind of ruby slippers" not the red ones (we found these at the dollar store). But once she saw herself in the mirror, she was pleased. You can't see all the straw I had tucked into my sleeves and shoes - it was a mess. David made my hat. Toto shared Dorothy's basket with Purple Blankie, which is hidden behind the diaper bag in this photo. Because Blankie was in it, E didn't seem to mind carrying the basket.

It was a fun evening. E's favorite activities were playing in the play kitchen, sifting sand for "buried treasure" (rocks painted gold), and smearing a balloon with thick gobs of paint. She also loved the African dance lessons - I'll upload a video soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home