Saturday, November 08, 2008

birthday presents

My birthday was Wednesday and I got a present I'm pretty happy with. I hate that everyone can't be happy with the same things, but as my Uncle Calvin would say, "We don't have to see eye to eye to walk side by side". I worked at the polls in my precinct (paid work, not campaigning) and was thrilled to help lots of people vote for the first time -- of all ages. People were proud and happy, wore their "I voted" stickers with pride. I hope Americans have woken up a bit this year and will continue to vote and be vocal, participate in democracy.

When I told E I was going to help more people vote on Election Day she got offended, she said, "no, WE voted Barack Obama!" in a tone that meant she didn't want other people to vote for him too. Guess she thought we were pretty well in there with Barack, being the only people who voted for him....

David took her to pick out a gift for me, and she said she wanted to give me "strawberries". So I got a set of plastic fruit as my first present. I dressed E in a groovy outfit that I would have worn if I could, and took a bunch of pictures.

1 Comments:

At 3:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A very nice birthday, indeed! Much to remember as you grow older!

Momme

 

Post a Comment

<< Home