Sunday, November 01, 2009

Why, why, why?

I have enjoyed having my intellect tested with layers of "why" questions all day - from 2 sharp kids, E and her friend V. The hardest one was, Why are people grumpy when they haven't had enough sleep?

And we may be in for some nightmares because it was a shock for Emma to learn that there "really were dinosaurs in real-land," even though it was a hundred-hundred-million-hundred (check my math...) years ago "when people hadn't even been invented yet"! Then about the 3rd time she brought this up, anxiously, she asked "Why were there nice dinosaurs and mean dinosaurs a hundred-hundred-million-hundred years ago?"

V talked about snakes some and was joking about eating them, I think, and I may have made a mistake when I told him I ate (rattle)snake in a restaurant years ago. I was quick to tell him it was cooked and cut up in little pieces, rather than one big whole snake. His expression was incredulous, but something interrupted us and we didn't get to discuss it. Sorry in advance, Marie, if he has nightmares!

1 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Blogger Marie said...

I'll make something and tell him it's snake :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home