Wednesday, December 23, 2009

songs

I just inadvertently canceled the uploading of a video that had been taking 30 minutes to upload. It's of E singing "Santa Claus is Coming to Town".

Favorite memory of the week: in the car singing (both of us) along with a cd my friend Marie made. E's current favorite song on there is "Peace Like a River". I love that one too! She looks so serious when she's singing, but she's sounding better. :) I can't really say anything about that. She had me stop the cd every time she had to clear her throat, so that the song wouldn't go on without her.

condensed lyrics:
"I've got peace like a river in my soul...
I've got love like an ocean in my soul...
I've got joy like a fountain in my soul..."

(many repetitions make this an easy song for kids!)

David has been recording on disk some of our old records from childhood. I haven't listened to these songs in several decades, but it's funny how the lyrics and melody pop right back in my head as soon as the song starts. Many I had forgotten about, like "The Left Sock Thiever" from Dr. Seuss: "When the left sock thiever... makes a left sock theft... you'll be feeling might foolish, with your right sock left!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home