Tuesday, August 16, 2011

not talking

Tonight trying to get E settled down in bed, I tell her "no more talking, now".

E: "Okay. ... But Mommy, I CAN talk if a saber-tooth tiger comes in my window. I'll yell, 'Mommy, a saber-tooth tiger!' and you'll run and get Daddy."

me: "Yes, certainly you can talk if that happens."

E: "And I think you and Daddy would run and get all the weapons you have to fight it."

me: "Actually, I think Daddy and I would just grab you and run from it. Unless it cornered us. Then we might have to get our weapons and fight."

E: "But you don't have any!"

me: "Yeah. Hey, I know, if it cornered us, we would throw something on the other side of it to distract it, and then while its back was turned we could run away."

E: "Yeah. But I think you and Daddy don't know anything. (Pedantically), Saber-tooth tigers LOVE dead animals. So, I think you should get a dead chicken. If you throw a dead chicken on the other side of it, we could definitely run away."

me: "There, now we have a plan. No more talking, now."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home