Saturday, April 22, 2006

weekends

Emma stayed up late last night - 10:15. She woke for a little breakfast at 5 and I now have some time to clean the house and gather things for her and my trip to Raleigh this weekend. We're going to visit Aunt Helen's family, Grandma and Grandpa, and "Granny Annie". AND we're going to take in part of the North Carolina Nepalese New Year celebration with our Nepalese friends the Devkotas. David is going to do two Robot gigs today, if they're not rained out. One is in Garner and one is in Mebane. Busy weekend.

When we're not traveling or visiting on a weekend, we spend the time as "down time". We sleep when we feel like it. We read, watch videos sometimes, watch the baby and the cats, wash clothes and bottles and coffee cups, pick up after ourselves, make phone calls to friends and family. David often will remark to E at 5 pm on a Saturday, "you're still in your pajamas." I'll respond, "just like her mother!" I believe that when you work full time, it takes two days just to maintain your energy and your life for the other five days. Ideally. Many people manage with much less "free" time.

I'm going to start another blog sometime, focused on "My Ideal Life". I have some of these ideals pretty well fixed in my head (e.g., vacations should be at least 3 weeks long) and I figure if you articulate your goals, visualize them well, then -- no, I'm not going to say they fall in your lap, but you can at least recognize them when they appear in the general vicinity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home