Monday, October 23, 2006

notice the title of the poster


So, this is the tri-generational traveling club, at our departure airport. (Continuing the travelogue, just a bit.) We flew through Cincinnati to Las Vegas, rented a car, and drove to our hotel, The Stratosphere. It was dark by the time we got to the rental car, and its interior (dome) light didn't work. I had to install the car seat by feel, and we couldn't read our map. Luckily the hotel is the tallest building west of the Rockies (or whatever), extremely well-lit, and it wasn't far from the airport. Emma only slept an hour during the long plane rides. By the end of it she desperately wanted to get out of the car seat, but only so she could turn around and play with its buckles. She spent endless minutes trying to fit them together -- the girl was obsessed. I think she fell asleep sometime while we were driving around Vegas, and we were grateful for that. At about midnight our time, after getting lost finding the registration desk, and getting lost finding our room, we were getting settled in for the night. Emma seemed to have a second wind and wanted to play, protested being in her crib, but as soon as I turned out the light, her noises stopped and she practically collapsed onto the mattress, by the sound of it.

Okay, the other reason I'm blogging tonight: it's a good way to complain to the world. One thing I absolutely hate is being sleepy, ready for bed, and have to ruin that feeling because of some household chore that must be done before I turn in. I get so sleepy after putting E to bed, but that's when I have to give cats medicine and food, and if I don't want roaches I suppose I need to clean up after E's dinner (half of which is on the floor). Why can't David do it? Well, sometimes he does, but he's out of town right now. I think I need to eat some store-bought sweet potato pie -- it's tolerably consoling at this hour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home