Sunday, October 29, 2006

a rant

I was able to fall asleep despite the neighbor's party, but after Emma woke me up at 3 am and I still heard the bass thumping, I got too annoyed to go back to sleep. I've been writing in my journal and listening to BBC radio for 2 hours, and the music is still going. I looked up the City's website and learned that we have an ordinance against music being heard outside a house after 11 pm. And it's now 5/4 am! (clocks changed tonight). I do have the neighbor's phone number but I don't expect calling them would do anything helpful. They're drunk probably. They don't care. They're young guys, students. Once I called and asked them to turn the music down and nothing happened. They do have a right to have a party but I think midnight or even 1 or 2 am is the time when you should take it inside and turn the music way down. I can't even hear the music, just the bass! And I can feel it. If I were asleep it wouldn't wake me up, but I can't GET to sleep. I decided to call the non-emergency police number and complain. They said they'll send officers by, but that it could be up to 2 hours before they get there, depending exactly where they are and what else is going on. The music might be turned off by then - I wonder if they would still knock on the door? I understand, and I want the more important crime stopping done as a higher priority, but I feel better that at least I've tried to send a message. Now that I finally looked up the phone number I'll be doing this more often! Signed, Cranky old woman in a bathrobe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home