Tuesday, November 07, 2006

election day

I'm working at the polls today, took a day off work. Have to be there at 6 am. Planned to get up at 4, have my usual 2 hours to wake up and get ready. I've actually gotten up at 4 several times before and it was okay. Guess who woke up at 3? By the time I finished nursing her I would have had 30 minutes to sleep before the alarm went off. I know from experience that is NOT worth it. I just get into some good sleep when it's time to get up, and I feel worse than I did before. So here I am. Just wolfed down a cold pop-tart, making some tea.

Emma has been making her "more" sign regularly, to David and to the sitter as well. But last night when I was eating and she clearly wanted some, I tried to encourage her to do the sign and she wouldn't. Acted like she didn't know what I was talking about! Today she will be with her daddy for at least 14 hours. I'm not allowed to leave the polling place from 6 am until after they close and the votes are counted. David will bring Emma to me twice, to nurse. I sure hope this is interesting work today, otherwise I will have a lot of trouble staying alert.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home