Wednesday, December 13, 2006

vacation destination

This (Ocala, Florida) is where we're headed on vacation this weekend, same place David and I have been going for 5 years (except last year). This will be the longest trip I've packed for since E was born, 8 days. And by far the longest car trip. We're going to break it up into at least 2 segments, staying one day in Georgia somewhere south of Atlanta to see a B-29 (historic world war 2 airplane). We'll drive a lot at night/evening, so that E is more likely to sleep. The car will be so full there's not likely space for one of us to sit in back with her - but we'll figure out how to do that if she doesn't sleep. I hate riding in the car for long stretches, especially when it's crammed full of things, but the good thing is it's conducive to conversation (if we're both in the front seat).

We plan to try her out in the canoe, sitting up front between my knees, wearing her life jacket, staying far away from any sleepy alligators. That may not be the thing we spend most time doing, but to me it's the highlight. I always look forward to canoeing those crystal-clear waters in the warm-but-not-hot weather.

Now I feel like I should start packing. That's the stressful part.

There will be no blog postings December 16 - 23rd - sorry! Maybe Marie will pick up my slack :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home