Tuesday, January 30, 2007

"dog"

One of Emma's words is "dog". There's a dog in the neighbor's back yard that she can see from her window, when she's in her crib (I should take his picture!). We talk about this dog a lot - it's a good distraction if I need to leave her in there. I'll raise the blinds and say "Where's the dog?" She'll trot the length of her crib and come peer through the bars. Whenever she hears a dog bark, anywhere, she looks at me meaningfully and/or says "dog". And if she hears the word in a sentence, even if you're not talking to her, she'll often pick up on it and repeat it.
Here are some pictures of Emma with dogs from our trip 2 weekends ago.
With this big dog who's the same color as our cat Ellie May, Emma tried to grab her tail and her thumb went toward her mouth (this is what she does with Ellie May). But the dog moved too much I think and she isn't as soft. E gave up and I discouraged it anyway! I think Jeremy's dog's name is Chastity.

This dog is named Muffin. She's such a "people-dog" that she has separation anxiety when she's alone.

Muffin was thrilled to make E's acquaintance at first but ended up being chased around the couch. She has extremely soft fur but I didn't see Emma going for her tail.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home