Sunday, February 18, 2007

"sizz"

Emma's word for shoes sounds more like "sizz". Here she is trying to put sizz on by herself.


Pausing to re-evaluate her strategy.
Today (Sunday) I was incapacitated by a migraine with nausea until about 7:00 pm. Poor E got unceremoniously set down a couple of times as I raced for the bathroom. She looked at me a little more intently today. She had to know I wasn't right. David took care of everything while I slept and retched and pressed my forehead into an ice pack. It even made me sick to speak. They're not always this bad, thank goodness. My body just over-reacts to nausea. Long after the problem is out of the stomach, my guts are still playing it up, repeating their complaints over and over like "I can't believe you did that to me!".
Yesterday E and I went to the park in the morning, in the biting cold, but well-wrapped up. She practiced climbing and sliding. And for dinner we went to a Chinese restaurant where they were having a dragon dance for the Chinese new year. Met up with my two best college friends and their families. Emma wasn't scared of the dragon. Kept pointing at it. Danced to the drums a little bit, but of course never when I had the video camera on. She was too distracted to enjoy her first Chinese buffet. I gave her several desserts just so she would have more in her stomach - it was probably the unhealthiest meal of her life so far!

1 Comments:

At 9:20 AM, Blogger Marie said...

I hope you are feeling better! She is so brave to be excited about the dragon! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home