Monday, February 12, 2007

sigh

I'm so sleepy! Even after 2 cups of tea. E just went back in her crib for more sleep. How I longed to climb in the crib and curl up with her!

I need my sleep, apparently more than some other people. If I'm sleep-deprived, to me that's the same as sick. Others seem to think it's just an inconvenience (but then they drive their cars into guardrails...). I'll forget all kinds of things when I'm sleepy. It starts to look like dementia. One day not too long ago I forgot to rinse the conditioner out of my hair (it dried a little crunchy). Whatever someone says to me will go in one ear and out the other. I'll never forget how embarrassed I was when a friend called to tell me her dog had died, and then about 2 minutes later as we went on to another subject I said, "You sound kind of down - what's wrong?" !!

Last night I went to bed early but couldn't relax. I was woken up by a whimpering child at 1:30. I decided to go in. Held her for a while and it became clear that was what she wanted and had no intention of going back to sleep anytime soon. I got so desperately sleepy myself I put her in the crib and shut the door. Short protest and she quieted down. Then I decided to go put the blanket on her before I fell back asleep. That woke her up again and she wailed and wailed and stood up - and I knew the blanket was hopeless. I couldn't stay awake long enough to wait for her to go back to sleep, to put the blanket back on. So I turned the heat up to its daytime level - which meant I didn't sleep as well from then on. All E's really warm pajamas were in the dirty clothes. I should invest in more fleece pajamas and dress her so that I don't worry about the covers. Then I got up at 4:30 and soon decided to go back to sleep, but E got up before 5:30. I can't do anything while she's up that early, because she's not fully awake and she's clingy. I can't type at this blog when she's around anymore. She wants to "drive" at the keyboard and never tires of it.

I guess I'll go get ready for work now. *sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home