Friday, February 09, 2007

visit to Mommy's work

Friday, Jan. 26th, when I took E to work with me for a while. What I don't have a picture of is her in her stroller in a big creative brainstorming meeting I was in, playing with a bunch of post-it notes and eating bananas and Goldfish. Then a co-worker who wasn't in the meeting asked if she could take Emma around to show some people (other nostalgic grandmothers like herself, mainly!). So I had a break, focused on my brainstorming, and after an hour went to find her at the employee health fair in our cafeteria. I had been planning to take E for lunch in the cafeteria, but they were not serving lunch due to a water leak, so she just had strained carrots in my office (which is what you see on her shirt, and is also now barely visible on my office carpet). She was exhausted by then with all the stimulation, so I put her in the playpen I had brought with me, gave her lots of toys and her green blanket, and turned the lights off. I tried to do some email management while she wound down. She talked and played for an hour and ALMOST went to sleep, but couldn't quite let go. So I think we left at 2:30 or 3, and of course she passed out in the car.

E and one of my co-workers

E loves for me to put her shoes on. Sometimes she brings me a third or fourth shoe to put on after the first two.

My colleagues seemed to enjoy E's visit as much as she did.
(by the way, these are NOT the grandmothers!)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home