Monday, September 03, 2007

what to do on labor day?

E is in a stage where I can't do anything without her "help", but today she slept late (so I did too) and is now in a good mood. Well, except for the 20 minutes (maybe it was 2 minutes) of forced crying over the outrage of my putting a shirt on her.


Strangely, E has been self-entertaining for the last hour or so. Right now she's lying under my chair with two of her blankets. I've been drinking tea and browsing blogs. E liked seeing Victor on Marie's blog. I'm halfway listening to an interview with NPR correspondent Rob Gifford on the radio. He's written a new book about his experiences in China. I've always liked his reports and that interview deserved more of my attention, but oh well.

Emma learned colors! The one she recognizes best is Green. I wonder if that means it's her favorite. She can work zippers and is trying to figure out snaps. She still sucks her thumb and puts yarn fuzz up her nose, but she'll take it out and throw it away if you ask her to. Below is a picture from earlier this summer of her indulging her habit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home