Wednesday, June 25, 2008

little things

E can count to 11! I knew she was learning numbers and getting more and more of them right, but last night as we were cutting up an old magazine she counted smoothly and confidently right up to 11.

A game she has liked for the last month or so: playing "nik-nik" (picnic). She'll spread out a cloth and say "There's your nik-nik!" She has been easily frustrated when the cloth won't lie smooth in one go, so I tried to teach her to straighten out the edges instead of having to start over.

Two nights ago in the bathtub she draped a washcloth across her lower back and said she was a ladybug. But she was even more a ladybug when she added another washcloth in front. Maybe there's a ladybug costume at preschool.

She likes calling me over and over, "Mommy! Mommy!" Now she says, "My talk, you say shh" first, then she'll start with the Mommy-Mommy and escalate as I shush her. Not sure I should be encouraging this game...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home