Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Yay, Helen!



I have been wanting to write something well-thought-out and poignant about my sister running a race for me two weeks ago, but we're going to settle for spontaneous and simple tonight and avoid delaying any longer. The Race for the Cure was an amazing experience. There were throngs of well-behaved people of all ages, focusing on a common goal, wearing a lot of pink! The above picture shows how happy Helen was as she crossed the finish line. I was really glad to be there to see it. And I was bowled over by the generosity of the people who sponsored her race. I still can't believe I'm a "survivor". I look in the mirror at night, after I get comfortable in my pj's, and can't believe that's me in there with just one boob. It doesn't feel like me. It sounds and looks kind of shocking, but my emotions are the opposite. I feel so incredibly lucky and happy! I am so relieved and reassured now that I've been able to go for two or three days at a time without even thinking about cancer. I don't really want to talk about it anymore, because it feels like so long ago -- to me, it's very "over". But I want to say THANK YOU to all of you blogreaders who have supported me in many ways! Now let's move on to fighting war, corruption, and waste. We beat this one, we're stronger now, and there are bigger fish to fry. :) Love, Sarah.

2 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen!
M.

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger Marie said...

Yaaaa hooooo to it all. Big hugs and lots of love!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home