Monday, December 01, 2008

help me wake up

Good morning readers. Sarah is cranky this morning, wanting more sleep. I come to the computer for social interaction that may help me wake up. My mom asked, will Facebook replace my blog? I said no, and that's accurate, but it does compete with it. I was cranky yesterday too, somehow feeling a bit lonely and anti-social at the same time, and I found myself wanting to post too many status updates on Facebook - like one every 2 minutes! I stopped myself. Don't want anyone to filter me out for being a Facebook pest. I remembered that the blog is good for writing status updates that are more than sound bites. And readers drive themselves to the blog, it doesn't continually flash up a notification for everything I do, so I don't feel like a pest.

I didn't take any pictures at Thanksgiving. E enjoyed some of the food, especially the cranberry "jelly" I convinced her to try. She liked helping me make my bitter sweet potato dish and licking the beaters. The oranges were what made the dish bitter, which it's not supposed to be.

David looked at the low tire I'd been driving on for a week and discovered a screw in it. He patched it. My hero!

E fell off the porch at my parents' house. I saw it happen and was paralyzed. I should have been able to prevent it, because I did think, "Why is she running toward that side of the steps? There's not much room there to step down." She didn't even step on the steps at all - she stepped down into open space. Apparently she assumed the steps went all the way across. She scraped her lower back on the corner of the bottom step when she fell. It's fine now, no longer hurts, but it haunts me because it could have been so much worse!

Grandma Mickey gave E a book about fairies (Barbie fairies actually) and wished she had read it first! It was full of long, unusual names that made it awkward to read - like Zinzie the Meewah, for example (and they never explain what a Meewah is). It was as if the writer were trying to give a role and a fancy name to all her friends and family in the script. The story sounded like a little girl made it up. It was pretty saccharin. E loved it!

Now it's Monday. E will go to Erma's today. I go to work and the dentist, to have 2 fillings replaced. David is working all week, I think. For one thing he's painting cut-outs for a nativity scene. Last week he made two giant tennis shoes that are actually podiums, for a convention.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home