Friday, December 05, 2008

today

E and I are watching Santa Claus is Comin' to Town. When Miss Jessica married Kris Kringle in the woods with the elves, E said, "She's a princess now." I think she thinks that when a woman gets married she becomes a princess - of course it's in all her favorite fairy tales.

I think we'll go to the Christmas parade tomorrow, and then if we're still holding up, go make some crafts at my church's "simple Christmas" celebration. I love parades, never go enough. Sometimes I miss being in the marching band.

Today she and I went to a toy store with a friend, just to look and play. Her two favorite toys were a colorful child size umbrella that she could open and close by herself, and a plush duck that danced to the song "Splish Splash I was taking a bath" (she danced with it). Then we went to my workplace where I was recognized (along with 63 other people) for my years of service (10). E and I got our picture taken with the president. After coming home we took a stroller walk.

1 Comments:

At 9:19 PM, Blogger Helen said...

congrats on 10 years!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home