Monday, September 07, 2009

imagined lands

The other night after watching a Scooby-Doo video and having a little talk about how the monsters are always regular people wearing masks... E is in bed and calls me in to tell me that if we were in Scooby-Doo Land and she and I were wearing princess costumes and princess masks, Velma might pull off our masks and say "it's Sarah and Emma!" And we could be part of the Scooby Doo friends, but not really because we're not really in Scooby-Doo Land.

Tonight she was talking about nose rings and she told me that if somebody gets a nose ring they can't ever get it off again. But we're not getting nose rings, she said. I said she can decide if she wants one when she's grown up, but I know I'm not getting one. But if we were in Nose Ring Land, she said, everybody in Nose Ring Land would have nose rings.

1 Comments:

At 1:03 AM, Blogger Jessica said...

I love the logic of children. I wish I lived closer to you and E. It'd be nice to know her and YOU better!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home