Friday, February 05, 2010

holding pattern

Well, I'm sitting here wide awake when I could have gone back to sleep for an hour. We're having a weather of "wintry mix" and they can't really say what we're going to get but apparently once the sun comes up the temp will get above freezing and it will all turn to rain (on an already-saturated ground). So my office and the daycare are both opening late. I don't feel confident about driving on what I see out there right now (the roads are now white and gray), but I'm trying to be patient and go with the flow. It may start melting in an hour.

Today is the day all our agencies we work with have to turn in their grant applications, by noon. My boss apparently has 4 wheel drive and nerves of steel, doesn't see a reason to extend the deadline for them. Oh well, it's not my call.

I haven't been taking many pictures. E has still been saying cute and funny things, which I still have trouble remembering to post. I've talked to her teacher about the comments she makes occasionally about the children not liking her or she not liking them. The teacher has been observing and only sees one pattern that's different than the other kids. E takes a long time to recover from whatever offends her. No water off this duck's back! She must be a Scorpio. Supposedly we tend to hold grudges. I think Cancers do that too, by the way. Blame the stars for this family being a collection of deeply-feeling, deep-thinking, stubborn individuals!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home