Sunday, May 09, 2010

my 4th mothers' day

E and I went to our favorite coffee shop for muffins and a game of "mommies & babies" chess. We just pretended the pieces were mommies, babies, and nurses. One of the pawns broke all her leg bones and all her arm bones and had to have her tonsils and adenoids out. There was live music, and I got to read the paper a little bit and enjoy 2 cups of good coffee with honey and cream.

We walked the long way home (her in the stroller which barely fits her anymore) and we stopped part-way to play in a grassy area on the college campus. I taught E how to play "Mother May I?" She enjoyed it and once she learned the rules well enough it quickly changed into a more exciting version where when you ask, "Mother, may I?" the mother answers, "No, you may not!" and then you say, "Well, I'm a bad girl, so I'm going to do it anyway!"

We planted a couple flowers that we hadn't planted Friday night. My mom brought E some petunias(?). We had to dig up dirt for them in the back yard. E insisted they be in containers, not planted in the ground.

I've now forgotten what else we did today, but I didn't really do anything other than hang out with E and relax. David took her out for a couple hours and then treated us all to pizza. He gave me a DVD I've been wanting, and E picked out a princess card for me, which came with stickers that she asked to use for her vegetable chart. She wrote out the whole message:




And because I haven't taken a picture of her in a while, here's one I took a few minutes ago:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home