Friday, April 09, 2010

what you learn on the ride home

E is talkative on the ride home from preschool lately, and I learn what she's been learning that day. One day it was, "This is how kindergarteners count: 2, 4, 3, 9, 12, 10, ..." (or some other random string of numbers - she has said this several times and the sequence is never the same) The teacher said she had been trying to teach the kids to count by 2's and they got confused so she just said, "You'll learn how to count like this in kindergarten."

Yesterday, it was the pronouncement that "Enemies are people who don't get along with each other." I said I didn't think I have any enemies, and I asked if she does. She thought for a minute and said she didn't like B__ because he's a boy. She didn't like any of those boys, actually. Finally she said, "I'm a enemy to boys."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home