Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Day 4

Day 4 of kindergarten: E already knows how to ask to go to the bathroom in Spanish, how to say "great job!" "good morning," "thank you" "moon" and "milk". She can sing a Spanish song, more or less; and when I repeated the bathroom phrase correctly she exclaimed, "Perfecto!" (Bathroom permission sounds something like "pweddo eed ali banyo".)

On Day 2 she told me, "You can only learn another language if you look at the person's mouth while they're talking." She is eager to learn to read, and knows that we're supposed to spend 15 minutes reading with her each night. Tonight she repeated all the sentences I read in a book, one by one, and started to recognize a few of the words by sight.

Her teacher says she pays close attention and is doing well. Yesterday there was a lot of crying, but today was much easier and she was SO happy when I picked her up. David got her to bed at 6:30 yesterday evening; I'm sure that helped. And we got there a lot earlier this morning and I walked her into the room. Parents will not be allowed to do that anymore, soon. E says she "can't" walk into a room full of people.

I got to work by about 7:45 and left at 4:45. It felt like such a LONG day! I'm not used to getting to work that early.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home