Sunday, September 17, 2006

misc

E is sleeping better the last couple of weeks, so I am too, and I should be able to get back to regular blogging. I haven't been taking as many pictures though, so you're getting a steady stream of left-brain input. This morning there's no special theme, just a general update. As I type the sweetie-pie is relaxing in her "exer-saucer" (what is the generic name for such things?), slapping a book, saying "ba" (with no special meaning that I can discern), and starting to yawn a bit. She woke up at 5:45, an hour ago, can't stay awake very long this early. Oh, now she's turning the pages of the board book and touching the pictures - every now and then she appreciates a book as something more than a thing to chew on.

... (put her back to bed) ...

E was 10 months old on Sept. 10th. She and I went to Victor's birthday party last week, enjoyed the "baby cakes" that his mom made, which were less sweet than the regular cake but just as much fun to smear in your hair. Her favorite food lately is cheese toast. She's starting to prefer carbs over vegetables, so I feed her the vegetables first.

We put the baby swing in the attic (saving for Kristie if she wants it). E would just get in it and grab the poles so that the swing stopped. She plays with her toys less now. She'd rather have a piece of string, keys, a telephone, a spoon, or a piece of cardboard (which she eats). When she gets hold of a cord or rope or ribbon she gets all intense and flings it furiously up and down, passes it through her hands, holds it up in the air, talks to it. Maybe in a previous life she did cowboy rope tricks or was a snake charmer!

I'm keeping the nursery at church this morning, taking E along of course. This weekend David is working on a computer model of a World War II airplane - and it's for work. Yesterday the three of us took a walk to the drug store at David's suggestion. I need reminding to enjoy the outdoors.

Well I guess I should get a move on, get my shower before she wakes again. Bye for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home