Thursday, October 05, 2006

crawling is faster

So far, she hasn't walked independently since Sunday. But that doesn't matter. Other small changes: she cries when I leave her, she cries when you take something away from her (and looks for it if you try to hide it), she cries more vigorously and insistently when she doesn't want to go in her crib (it can be bone-rattling), and she often prefers playing to nursing. She fights sleep.

E and I and her Grandma are taking a trip in a couple of weeks. I have a work conference in Death Valley California (at a resort in the oasis part!), and my mom agreed to come and babysit. She'll also be a welcome presence during the air travel. We fly into Las Vegas - never been there. I hear the food is fabulous and there's a lot to see without spending money, just in the hotels.

I took a lot of pictures of E playing with the sash of my bathrobe - one of her most favorite toys. That roll of film is now missing. I think Kaylee knocked it under the fridge. Remember when I said the hair/scrub brush was her favorite toy? It fell seriously out of favor - she won't even look at it now. Another favorite toy this last month has been a book called "Goodnight, Baby" that has ribbons attached to it. She loves ribbons. Her friend Mlana gave her a book about rainbows that also has ribbons in it. There was a pop-up rainbow with a sun peeking over, but the sun got eaten and there's a dent in the rainbow. That book is taking a rest now.

1 Comments:

At 5:35 PM, Blogger Marie said...

I love that she ate the rainbow....there's a poem in that somewhere!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home