Monday, September 25, 2006

the girl in the mirror has more teeth

This weekend E and I visited Aunt Helen and family, as well as Granny Annie, who made E laugh more than anyone. At her apartment E visited the cute little girl in the full-length mirror, patted and kissed her, tried to head-butt her, grinned endlessly at her, and looked around the corner of the wall to try to find her.

I've been thinking for months that E was teething but I had stopped checking regularly because nothing was happening. Well, at Helen's house I happened to glance at my baby's mouth while she had it wide open and I saw new white teeth poking through -- FIVE of them! Four on top and one of the lower laterals (next to the two she already had). Suddenly the child goes from two little teeth to a mouthful. I don't know when they came through. It must have been in the last few days.

So I decided she is now ready for Zwieback toast, and she loved it. The smell had a memory for me - I remember eating these things, I guess when my sister was a baby. I recalled a vague image of my grandmother's kitchen and looking up while someone got me one of these snacks out of a box on a high shelf.

Sorry there's no new photos. I have two rolls of film from the last 2-3 months and they're going to the developer today.

1 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, the memory of eating zweiback! I recall getting to eat a piece or two from my brother Phil's box when he was a little one -- at the same house you recall having some!!

Momme

 

Post a Comment

<< Home