Sunday, January 07, 2007

not much of a partyer

Went out with friends to hear a band last night; D and E stayed home. At my bedtime (9 pm) the band hadn't even started playing and I was tired. But the music was good and I revived enough to enjoy it. Drank water. Wanted a beer but knew it would make me sleepy! There was a time (10 years ago or more) I would have been embarrassed to be at a club listening to a band without a beer in my hand. But this band's following had quite a few people who weren't drinking, and I no longer care about that anyway. When we left I'm sure I looked like I'd been drinking too much - stumbling, droopy, eyes like slits - but it was just that I stayed up so late! Still needed a designated driver. The band is Donna the Buffalo, and I did like their music. www.donnathebuffalo.com

I got to sleep sometime after 3 I think, and E woke up at 6:30. David's mostly useless at that hour (like me at 1 am), so don't even ask why I didn't "make" him get up with her! (I know some of you were thinking that) And he didn't go to bed any earlier, himself, anyway.

... 30 minutes have gone by and the dear toddler just went back to sleep. Should I get my shower now? (I have to go keep the nursery at church this morning) Or should I try to sleep for 30 more minutes myself? Tune in tomorrow to find out how this exciting dilemma was resolved!!

2 Comments:

At 11:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

David's "mostly useless" at many other hours of the day as well, not just 6:30am.

David

 
At 4:59 PM, Blogger Marie said...

Oh you wild momma you! I hear your pain! If it were me, I would have gotten back in bed for sure! I look forward to seeing what happened next. No worries on not getting David up -- Yuri is a big lump too early in the morning for sure and no amount of poking can get him up!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home