Thursday, January 04, 2007

trying to wake up

Hi everyone. I am struggling to wake up. E made noises but went back to sleep. She's had a new tooth, a molar, coming in and maybe that's made her a more restless sleeper the last few nights. David kept her at home yesterday, said she played with her car seat for a long time. Daytimes she's fine. When I got home she was finishing her dinner and then I picked her up and held her while I fixed my dinner, Ramen noodles with egg. This is a dish I've shared with her before, and she eagerly watched the simple preparations. I was planning to let it sit while I played with her for a while, but she wouldn't play. She whined and cried and led me back to the kitchen, begged to be picked up. The only time she stopped whining and crying was when she was looking at the pan of noodles. She grinned and reached out to it. I realized she wanted some! Since I knew she was already full, I didn't worry about whether she got the noodles in her mouth, I just gave her a few in a little bowl, along with her toddler fork, and let her at them. She even ate the bits of egg, which she always spat out in the past. David hates the mess of her self-feeding attempts, so I'm going to try more deliberately to teach her that while he's out of town this month.

Okay, I'm going to resize some pictures for you now, to post here next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home