Thursday, February 22, 2007

the done list

My to-do list never seems to change, so sometimes for morale reasons I make "done" lists instead. This week in my one hour between Emma's bedtime and mine, I accomplished the following:
-- changed sheets on our bed (Mon)
-- vacuumed half the house (Tues)
-- had a work telephone meeting that only added one thing to my to-do list (Wed)

On Monday night I actually stayed up really late (til midnight!), reading an inspiring book: True to Our Roots, by Paul Dolan, president of Fetzer Vineyards. It's about leadership and courage and taking a stand, all that stuff, in the story of how they transformed into an environmentally sustainable business. Great lessons in there, and an easy read. My favorite chapter is titled, "There is a way to make an idea's time come"!

David kept E yesterday and will do so again today. Last night he said she has figured out how to take off her shoes, so that she can bring them to you to put on again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home